message by United nations secretary-general ant nio guter RES on lunar new year 2021

联合国秘书长安东尼奥古特雷斯2021年农历新年致辞

古特雷斯向全世界的中国人拜年

春杰奎乐!

春节快乐!

Happy Lunar New Year!

春节快乐!

I send my best wishes to every one celebrating the lunar new year。

值此新年之际,我向你们致以最热烈的问候。

This year is the Year of the Ox, the same sign as the year of my birth.

今年是牛年,也是我的本命年。

The ox symbolizes energy, strength and courage. These qualities are what the world needs now.

牛象征着活力、坚强与勇气。这些品质正是当今世界所急需。

Last year, the COVID-19 pandemic brought great uncertainty and disruption.

去年,新冠疫情带来了极大的混乱和不确定性。

In 2021, we must stand together to fight the virus, take climate action, and build a strong recovery from the pandemic.

2021年,我们必须众志成城,应对气候变化,战胜疫情。

I thank China, the Chinese people, for your continuous support for multilateralism and the United Nations across all pillar of all work.

我感谢中国和中国人民对多边主义和联合国各项工作的一贯支持。

I look forward to our continuing cooperation.

期盼我们继续合作。

And I send my best wishes to all, for prosperity, health and happiness in the Year of the Ox.

谨祝牛年繁荣昌盛、健康幸福!

Xie Xie!

谢谢!

Thank you.

谢谢!