[SUSAN & AMP;# 039;s House]
(there & amp# 039;s a knock on the door as Susan sits on her living room floor,going through decorative boxes。装饰盒)
苏珊: & amp# 039;who is it?& amp# 039;是谁?
艾迪: & amp# 039;it & amp# 039;s Edie!艾迪。
Susan: "Oh, Edie, not now. I'm kind of busy."依迪,现在不行,我正忙着呢。
(Edie walks into the living room.)
Edie: "Hi."
Susan: "Or just come on in."要不进来吧。
Edie: "What are you doing?"你在干什么“
Susan: "I decided that my life is way too complicated, and so I'm simplifying. I am getting rid of the clutter."我发现我的人生有点太过错综复杂,我想简化一下,把垃圾扔掉。
(She puts on an orange and lace hat and turns to face Edie.)
Edie: "Ooh."
Susan: "I was on vacation. Made sense at the time. Okay, not to be rude, but is there a reason you're here?"我那时正在度假,戴这帽子还挺合适的,我无意冒犯,可是你来有什么事?
Edie: "Look, I'm feeling badly about what you're going through with Mike. And don't worry. I'm not going to date him." 你和麦克之间发生的事我很遗憾。别担心,我不会和他约会的。
Susan: "It doesn't matter anymore."这已经无所谓了。
Edie: "Well, don't get me wrong. I still have every intention of sleeping with him. Some mountains are just meant to be climbed."别误会,我还是非常渴望和他发生关系,有些山是注定有人去征服的。(言下之意麦克是一个很有魅力男人)
Susan: "I got to learn to keep my doors locked."看来我得把我家门锁好。
Edie: "How long have you been sitting here?"你在这坐多久了?
Susan: "I don't know. Five minutes, give or take three hours."不知道,5分钟到3个小时。
give or take
1.指数字,差不多,大概
It cost £200, give or take .花费大约200块。(比200少一点或多一点)
2.give是给的意思,take则是“拿”,give andt ake有给有拿,引伸为“有商有量”,妥协折衷。Those whodon't appreciate give and take are not likely to listento others. 那些不喜欢妥协折衷的人不太可能听取别人的意见。
Edie: "That's it. Get up. Get dressed."够了,起来,换衣服
Susan: "Why?"为什么?
Edie: "Beause you're coming with me. It's time to get wasted. Happy hour started forty-five minutes ago."
因为你要和我出去,该出去潇洒一下了(指去酒吧喝个烂醉喝个痛快)。快乐时光45分钟前就开始了。
口语学习: get wasted=get drunk 可跟“浪费”没啥关系,是指喝醉了/喝高了,烂醉如泥的!
Susan: "Why would I go anywhere with you?"我为什么要跟你去?
Edie: "Because that's what normal women do when they get depressed. They put on short skirts, they go to bars with their girlfriends."因为那是一个正常女人在伤心时都会做的事。穿上短裙和女朋友去酒吧
Susan: "Wow."
Edie: "Oh, come on. It'll be fun, I swear. Come on. Come on.”快来,会很有趣的。来起来。
(She begins dragging Susan by the feet.)
Susan: "Why do you even care?"你为什么要关心我?
Edie: "I never said I cared. It's just...well, I...I guess I know what it's like to have your heart stomped on."
我没说关心。只是......我了解心受伤的滋味。
Susan: "Okay. All right. Give me a minute. I'll go change my clothes."
好吧,等我几分钟,我去换衣服。
Edie: "And don't forget to do something with that skanky hair. You're a little scary-looking."
别忘了打理一下你那乱糟糟的头发。你看起来有点吓人。