What do you call your partner?
你是如何称呼你的伴侣的?
There seem to be a variety of languages with pet names, too. According to the website of the popular language-learning software Rosetta Stone, the French say "Mon Petie Chou" (my little cabbage or cream puff), the Russians say "Vishenka" (cherry), the Dutch call girlfriends "Dropje" (candy) and in Brazil you can say "Meu Chuchu," where "chuchu" is a vegetable. In Spain I heard the term "Media Naranja," meaning halforange, suggesting that the romantic partners are two halves of the whole.
很多国家的语言中都有这样的昵称。据一款很受欢迎的网上语言学习软件,Rosetta Stone提供的资料可知,法国人的爱称有“Mon Petit Chou”(意为我的小包菜,或者我的小泡芙),俄国人的爱称有“Vishenka”(樱桃),荷兰男孩把自己的女朋友称作“Dropje”(糖果),巴西人说“Meu Chuchu”, “chuchu”是一种蔬菜。在西班牙我听说过一个昵称,“Media Naranja,” 意为半个句子,说明情侣是彼此的另一半。
So we decided to illustrate some of our favourites.
所以我们决定选出我们最喜欢的几个,并配上插图。
1. My Little Cabbage - French
我的小包菜——法国
2. Breadcrumb - Finnish
面包屑——芬兰语
3. My Little Bug - Hungarian
我的小臭虫——保加利亚语
4. Mousebear - German
小鼠熊——德语
5. My Gold Nugget - Danish
我的小金坨——丹麦语
6. Little Chip - Dutch
小薯条——荷兰语
7. My Little Microbe - Italian
我的小菌菌——意大利语
8. Fruit Of My Heart - Indonesian
我心头的小果果——印尼语
9. My Little Round Thing - Flemish
我的小圆球——弗兰德语
10. Half An Orange - Spanish
半个小橙子——西班牙语
11. Little Elephant - Thai
小象象——泰国
12. Egg With Eyes - Japanese
有眼睛的小鸡蛋——日本
13. Cute Nose - Swedish
可爱的鼻子——瑞典
14. My Little Chicken - Arabic
我的小鸡仔——阿拉伯
15. My Little Eyes - Greek
我的小眼睛——希腊