首页 > 名字大全 > 游戏名字 正文
料理游戏昵称英文高级网名

时间:2023-03-04 10:14:47 阅读: 评论: 作者:佚名

Hi.

嗨。

Welcome to www. engvid. com. I'm Adam.

欢迎来到www.engvid.com。我是Adam。

In today's video, I want to look at ten words and expressions from the French culinary world.

在今天的视频里,我想要说一说法餐方面的十个词汇和表达方式。

Okay?

好吧?

These are French culinary words;means they're talking about cooking, and eating, etc.

这些是一些关于法餐方面的词汇;意思都是表示烹饪和吃等等方面。

But the reason that I chose these ten is because they are very commonly used in everyday English, and not only to talk about food;they have very different contexts. . .

我选这十个词是因为这十个词在日常的英语中都非常常见,不仅仅是关于食物,这些词有不同的语境......

excuse me.

不好意思。

Very different contexts as well.

还有不同的语境。

So, we're going to look at "a la carte".

来,第一个词,“a la carte”。

Oh, and by the way, for the French speakers watching this video, if I butcher the language, I apologize in advance.

哦,还得说明一下,对于那些会说法语的观众来说,如果你们觉得我在糟践这个语言,我先表示抱歉。

Okay?

好吧?

"a la carte","piquant","prix fixe","savour/savor".


Now, we have with the "u" and without the "u", so British Canadian spelling, American spelling.

这个词有两个版本,带“u”和不带“u”的,是英式,加拿大式拼写,美式拼写。

"Menu", which a lot of you already know.

“Mene”,这个词你们已经知道了。

"Du jour","a la mode","piece de resistance","cafe", and "cuisine".

"Du jour","a la mode","piece de resistance","cafe",and "cuisine".

Okay?

好吧?

Now, we're going to go one by one,

好现在我们一个一个看。

and I'll show you in what other contexts they can be used.

我会给你们展示一下他们还可以用在什么语境里。

Now,"a la carte" basically means according to the menu, but what it does is it allows you to order things individually as opposed to a set or a package.

现在,"a la carte"基本上是跟菜单有关,但是这个词是说和份式饭不一样的随意点餐的意思。

Okay?

好吧?

So, if you go to a restaurant, they have a meal plan, like a set meal;all these things are included.

所以如果你去一家餐厅,他们有套餐,就像份饭;所以特定的东西都包括在里面。

For example, you have appetizer, main course, dessert.

比如说,你可以吃餐前开胃菜,主菜和甜点。

You can also order other items on the menu individually and pay for them separately.

你也可以单独点餐单上其他的菜样,然后单付钱。

So, whatever is in the menu. . .

所以不管餐单里有什么......

In the set, in the dinner set, for example, comes with it.

比如说,在套餐,份饭里,都会算在里面。

If you want to add anything, you order it separately and pay for it on top of the meal set.

如果你想加别的什么,你就单独点然后在餐单里单独付账就行了。

But we also use this to talk about any package deal.

但是我们也会用这个词来表示包办的东西。

Okay?

好吧?

So, for example, you go buy a smartphone, a mobile phone and the company offers you a full package with all the features that are available for this phone.

比如说,你去买一台智能机,或者一部移动电话,电话公司会提供给你适合你这部手机的所有套餐。

Now, you don't need all. . .

好,你不是想要所有的......

For example, if you don't need all these features, you can buy a basic plan and then choose your. . .

例如,如果你不需要这些项目,你就买一个基本的然后选你......

The features you want a la carte.

自己喜欢的。

Okay?

好吧?

So, we don't only use it for food; we use it for any situation where you can pick individual features to. . .

所以,这个词不仅仅用在食物上;也可以用在当你想单独买,单独挑选的......

And pay for each one separately.

并单独支付的时候。

Okay?

明白了吧?

"Piquant".

"Piquant"。

"Piquant" means spicy, but not spicy like burn your head off; spicy in a good way, like, just enough of a sting on the tongue to make it enjoyable.

"Piquant"表示的是辣,但不是能辣得你头皮发麻那种;辣得恰到好处,就像辣味在舌头里打转,让你享受的那种。

Okay?

行吧?

So that's when we're talking about food.

这是我们用在食物上的时候。

We can also use "piquant" to talk about a person.

我们也用"Piquant"来形容一个人。

You could say: "The woman is dressed in a piquant way."

你可以说“这个女的穿着很有性格。”

Or somebody speaks with a little bit of a piquant attitude.

或者某人说话很有性格。

Basically, he means with a little bit of attitude;a little bit risky, a little bit racy, but in a way that has a good effect.

这两句话的基本意思是有一点点态度,有一点点冒险,有一点点具有挑逗性,但是整体效果还不错。

It's a bit charming, you could even say.

你也可以说,效果拔群。

It's piquant;it's not. . .

这个还不错哟,并不......

It's not bland, it's not boring.

乏味,不枯燥。

It has a little bit of flavour, even though you're talking about a person or something a person says or does, etc. "Prix fixe", so again, let's go back to the restaurant.

还挺有味道的,即使是你谈论一个人或者一个的言行等等。"Prix fixe",我们再一次回到了餐厅里。

You go to a restaurant and they have a prix fixe - means they have a set price.

你去一家餐厅,然后他们有自助餐-这个意思是说他们有固定的价格。

It means fixed price and you pay this much. . .

这个的意思是价格固定,你就付这些钱......

You pay $50 and these are all the things you get.

你付了50美金,然后你就可以随便吃这些东西。

Okay?

可以了吧?

You don't. . .

你不必......

You can't add anything;there's no a la carte menu.

你也不能再加其他东西了;没有单点的菜单。

There's one set, one price - that's what you pay.

一类食物,一个价格-就是你付的价格。

Again, going back to the mobile phone, you can buy a package and it's a fixed price;you can't make any changes to it, no substitutions, no add-ons, no extra features, etc.

好,我们现在回到电话上来,你可以买个套餐,然后价格固定;套餐内容你也不能改,不能增加,删减和私人订制。

Or you can just buy the a la carte items as you need them.

或者你可以根据你的需要,购买个性化的项目。

Okay?

明白了吧?

"Savour".

“享受”。

Now,"savour" basically means to really feel or really enjoy the flavour of something.

“享受”表示的是真的感觉到或者享受到某种食物的味道。

Okay?

是吧?

And when you talk about "savour" as a noun, it has that special flavour that makes a dish really good.

如果作为名词的话,表示的是特殊的风味让某个菜肴更加好吃。

And many of you might know "savoury".

你们中很多人都知道 "savoury"。

Savoury or sweet.

咸的,或者甜的。

You can have, like, a savoury crepe or a sweet crepe.

你可能会喜欢咸薄饼或者甜薄饼。

"Savoury" means more of the salty flavour.

"Savoury" 表示的是稍微更咸一点儿的味道。

But when we savour something. . .

当我们享受某食物时......

We can savour anything.

我们可以享受任何事物。

You can savour the sunset, you can savour a book, you can savour a good wine or food, and you can savour something.

你可以享受日落,你可以享受一本书,你可以享受一杯好酒,食物,或者别的什么的。

It means you take the time to really, really enjoy it, and appreciate everything that it has to offer.

意思就是你花费一些时间真的在享受着什么,并很感激这件事情带给你的感受或者别的什么。

Okay?

明白了吧?

I think everybody. . .

我觉得每个人.....

Well, most people know "menu", but "menu" is not only in a restaurant.

好吧,很多人都知道“menu”,但是“menu”这个词不仅仅在餐厅使用。

You can go into a store and you want to buy something, and you want to know all the products they have available - they show you a menu of items. So, basically, a "menu" is just a list of available products for purchase, or available services for purchase.

你走进一家店,然后买点儿东西,你想知道店里哪些东西有售-店里的人就给你一个单子。所以基本上来说,“menu”说的是一个店里有售的货物的清单,或者可提供的服务而已。

So, many companies just use the word "menu" because everybody understands it; they know it's a list of available things to buy, and you choose your items. Now,"du jour".

所以,很多公司都使用"menu"因为每个人都知道这个词;人们通过清单可以知道有什么东西有售,就可以选他们需要的。下一个,"du jour"。

Some of you may have seen my older video about foreign words commonly used in English, and I already spoke about "du jour", but again, it's very relevant to this lesson, but you can also watch that lesson to get other foreign words that are used in English.

你们中的有些人也许看过我之前关于一些外来词汇在英语中的普遍应用的老视频,"du jour"这个词我讲过,和本次视频挺相符的,但是从那个视频中你也可以学习其他外来词在英语中的应用。

"Du jour" means "of the day".

"du jour"的意思是“当日的”。

So, the most common use is "soup du jour","soup of the day".

所以,最常用的是 "soup du jour",“今日的汤”。

But we talk about all kinds of other kinds.

但我们今天讨论的是另外的意思。

So, anything that is du jour is what is popular today.

du jour的有个意思在今天非常流行。

You can talk about general things.

你可以在日常事物中讨论。

So, for example, even in politics, the scandal du jour.

比如,政治方面的今日丑闻。

There are so many scandals lately that you don't know how to keep up, so the scandal du jour is what is happening today.

最近有很多丑闻,你都不知道跟哪条了,所以the scandal du jour表示的是今天发生的。

Tomorrow there'll be a new scandal, last week there was a new scandal.

明天的是新的丑闻,上周有一个新的丑闻。

Today's scandal, the one that is most popular, the one that is on the news is the scandal du jour.

今天的丑闻,是今天最热门的,新闻上的那条才是今日丑闻。

Okay?

好吧?

Of the day.

今日的。

Related, but different: "a la mode" means of the fashion.

这个形式相似,但是意思不同,"a la mode" 意思是时髦的,流行的。

"Mode" is fashion.

“Mode”意思是流行。

So, something that is a la mode is what is fashionable today.

所以,某事a la mode的意思是今日流行的事情。

And, again, it doesn't have to be food.

我再说一次,这个词不一定只用在食物上。

Now, if you go to the US, for example, or even in Canada, and you go to a restaurant and you order pie � la mode, for some reason, that means pie with ice cream.

如果你去美国,或者去加拿大,你去了一家餐厅点了热门的派,出于某些原因,意思是有冰激凌的派。

"a la mode" has been. . .

a la mode的意思......

Somehow translated into "with ice cream", if you go to a restaurant.

有些时候在餐厅里被翻译成了带冰激凌的。

But "a la mode" means of the fashion.

但是a la mode的意思是流行的。

So, basically, what is trendy.

基本意思是,时髦的是什么。

Right?

对吧。

So, you're going to wear something, like if you're talking about clothes. . .

你要穿衣服,比如,你再谈论衣服......

It could be food, whatever is trendy in food, or it could be fashion.

可以是食物,流行的好吃的,潮流什么的。

You have to dress a la mode;you have to dress according to the fashion.

你也可以dress a la mode;意思是你依照潮流穿衣服。

You have to speak according to the fashion.

你跟着潮流说话。

You have to write books a la mode;according to the fashion, according to what is popular and trendy today.

你紧跟潮流写书,现在流行什么你写什么。

"Piece de resistance", so this is the main feature, like, when you're talking about food, you have your appetizer, your salad, your soup, your entre, your dessert, but then the piece de resistance usually is the one dish that is the most amazing;the most beautiful, the most delicious.

"Piece de resistance",主要的意思,比如,当你再谈论食物的时候,有开胃菜,沙拉,汤,副菜,和甜品,但是"Piece de resistance"常常指的是最棒的,最好看的,最好吃的菜。

Right?

对吧?

But we also use this for anything that is the main feature.

但是我们也用这个词来代表主菜。

So, if you go to a conference and there's a. . .

如果你参加一场会议,然后那里有......

You know, a whole list of speakers giving speeches or keynote addresses,

一个总表,上面写着将要演讲或重要发言的演讲者名单。

and then you have the piece de resistance;like, the main speaker.

然后你就看见了"Piece de resistance";就像主讲人一样的意思。

The main event of the night, we also call it the piece de resistance.

今晚的主要活动,我们也叫"Piece de resistance"。

"The thing that is hard to resist", you can say it in that way.

“难以抗拒的事情”,你也可以这么说。

Everybody knows "cafe".

每个人都知道“cafe”。

You go to a cafe, you have a coffee.

你去咖啡厅喝咖啡。

Right?

对吧?

Or you go to a cafe and you have. . .

或者你去咖啡厅,你点了......

You sit down, you order something to eat and a little coffee, but this word has become so common in so many different contexts;we have internet cafes, we have. . .

你坐下来点吃的和咖啡,但是这个词真的太普遍了,在很多语境中都有不同的意思;我们有网咖,我们能......

Sorry, we have a fly in my face.

不好意思,我脸上有只苍蝇。

That's not in a cafe, though.

那个可就不是咖啡厅了。

Internet cafes.

是网咖。

We have all kinds of cafes that specialize in something.

我们有不同种类的餐厅,咖啡厅。

So, a cafe used to specialize in coffee;now you have cafes for anything. . .

所以,cafe一般来说指的是咖啡厅;现在你可以表示各种场所......

Any boutique store.

比如精品店。

And "boutique" is also a French word, by the way.

然后 "boutique"其实也是个法语词汇。

So, anything that is boutique, anything that is specialized,

所以,精品屋的东西,也就是特殊的东西。

we just call it a cafe these days.

所以我们也可以管这个叫cafe。

Now,"cuisine".

现在是“cuisine”。

In French,"cuisine" means kitchen, but now "cuisine" basically means anything to do with cooking or food.

在法语中,“cuisine”表示的是厨房,但是现在 "cuisine"基本上来说也是和烹饪,食物有关的。

All right?

好吧?

So we. . .

那么我们......

If you like to eat French cuisine, you like to eat French dishes; if you like Italian cuisine, Chinese cuisine, if you like Portuguese cuisine. . .

如果你喜欢吃法式料理,也就是说你爱吃法国菜;也许你也爱吃意餐,中餐,葡餐......

We use "cuisine" for anything to do with cooking and the style of cooking.

我们用 "cuisine" 来表示任何和菜式,做饭有关的事情。

So, it's not only French anymore;it belongs to everybody.

所以这个词不只用在法语中了;它用在很多方面。

It's a very common word in English.

这也是个英文的常用词。

Okay?

好吧?

So, there you go.

所以就是这样啦。

This. . .

这个......

You've learned more vocabulary.

你已经学了更多的词汇。

Even though you didn't learn English words, you learned French words, but again, used in everyday English as well, and not only about food, lots of different contexts.

即使你不学英语单词,你也学了一些法语词汇,但是,是用在日常的英语中,不仅仅是关于吃的,还包括很多在其他语境中的意思。

So, if you want to make sure you understand all these words, go to www. engvid. com and take the quiz, test your knowledge of these words.

如果你想看一看是否明白了这些词,可以访问www.engvid.com然后做个测试,查查你对于这些词的掌握程度。

If you have any questions, ask in the comments section below.

如果你有任何疑问,可以在评论区留言。

And please subscribe to my YouTube channel. Don't forget that in engVid, you can go to the search box, you can click on my name there as well.

请订阅我的油管频道。别忘了在engVid,在搜索框里,你也可以找到我的名字。

I have lots of different videos; lots of other teachers with lots of other videos to help you improve your English.

我有很多视频;很多别的老师做的视频能帮助你提高你的英语水平。

Don't be shy, look around, watch the videos, come back for even more videos to help you improve your English.

别害羞,看看这些视频,看更多的视频来提高你的英语水平。

I'll see you again very soon with something new.

我很快就会更新新的视频和你们见面。

Bye-bye.

拜拜。

  • 相关阅读
  • 评论列表

发表评论: