NBA现役巨星科比布莱恩特今天在赛季结束后宣布退役。
不同于其他球员那些絮絮叨叨的真情告白,以及长长的感谢名单,科比写了一封情诗,给他最爱的篮球。这可能是目前为止最有逼格的球星退役声明。
英文情诗怎么写?让我们跟着科比学一学。
Dear Basketball,
亲爱的篮球,
From the moment
一切从这一刻开始
I started rolling my dad’s tube socks
我玩起老爹的袜团
And shooting imaginary
想象我投出一记
Game-winning shots
绝杀球
In the Great Western Forum
在大西部论坛球馆
I knew one thing was real:
我知道有件事情是真的:
I fell in love with you.
我爱上了你。
A love so deep I gave you my all —
我爱得如此深,我为你倾其所有——
From my mind & body
我的头脑、我的身体
To my spirit & soul.
我的精神、我的灵魂
As a six-year-old boy
作为一个六岁大的男孩
Deeply in love with you
深深爱着你
I never saw the end of the tunnel.
我看不到隧道的尽头
I only saw myself
我只能看到我自己
Running out of one.
跑到底。
And so I ran.
于是我起跑了。
I ran up and down every court
我在每个球场上奔跑
After every loose ball for you.
在每一个地板球的争夺中
You asked for my hustle
你索取我的谦卑
I gave you my heart
我为你献上整颗心
Because it came with so much more.
因为它一直在为你跳动
I played through the sweat and hurt
比赛让我开心也让我痛
Not because challenge called me
不是因为挑战在召唤我
But because YOU called me.
是因为你在召唤我
I did everything for YOU
我为你做了一切
Because that’s what you do
因为那正是你做的事
When someone makes you feel as
当你把你的感受
Alive as you’ve made me feel.
鲜活地传达给了我
You gave a six-year-old boy his Laker dream
你给了六岁的男孩一个湖人梦
And I’ll always love you for it.
因为这个,我将永远爱你
But I can’t love you obsessively for much longer.
但我没法继续纠缠在与你的爱恋中
This season is all I have left to give.
这个赛季就是我最后一点能为你献上的
My heart can take the pounding
我的心脏还能经受打击
My mind can handle the grind
我的意志还能经受磨练
But my body knows it’s time to say goodbye.
但我的身体知道,到了说再见的时候
And that’s OK.
所以好的。
I’m ready to let you go.
我已经准备放手让你走。
I want you to know now
我希望现在告诉你
So we both can savor every moment we have left together.
所以让我们细细品味过去相处的时光吧
The good and the bad.
好的和坏的。
We have given each other
我们已经相互给了
All that we have.
我们的一切。
And we both know, no matter what I do next
我们都知道,无论我接下来做什么
I’ll always be that kid
我都将永远是那个孩子
With the rolled up socks
玩着袜团
Garbage can in the corner
罐头盒在墙角
:05 seconds on the clock
时间还剩下5秒
Ball in my hands.
球在我手中
5 … 4 … 3 … 2 … 1
5 … 4 … 3 … 2 … 1
Love you always,
永远爱你的,
Kobe
科比