想注册的学生可以点击微信阅读号下的“我想读”
点击阅读原文,可以看到更多相关行业的英语学习资料,避免在微信中翻阅历史消息和查看相关行业资料的麻烦。
如果微信图文消息中有什么错误的地方,你们可以在微信下方留言,这样,大家在看这篇文章时可以知道哪里出了错
绝望的母亲
Poor George.
可怜的乔治
What a burden he is born into.
一出生就命途多舛
A baby rich as Croesus and a mother almost passed over.
身家阔绰 妈妈却几乎一无所有
That's the law.
法律就是如此
It seems so strange.
感觉好奇怪
Matthew was always so meticulous.
马修一向谨小慎微
He thought that death was many years away.
他以为死亡离他还早得很
And so it should have been.
本来也应该如此
If there's anything I can do to help, please let me do it.
如果有什么我能帮忙的 请尽管开口
I'm grateful.
我很感激
But you see, when your only child dies...
但是你看 如果你的独子过世了
..Then you're not a mother any more.
你就不再是一个母亲了
You're not anything, really.
你就什么也不是了
That's what I'm trying to get used to.
我在努力适应这一点
You're a grandmother.
你也是一位祖母
And I know you're going to be a wonderful one.
我知道你一定会是位出色的祖母